- Can I buy a domain from one company and use it at another web host?
- How do I point my GoDaddy domain to another host?
- Do I own my GoDaddy domain?
- Does it matter who you register your domain name with?
- How do I permanently buy a domain name?
- Can I change my domain host?
- How do I point my domain to my host?
- How do I point my domain to an IP address?
- How do I connect my domain to my hosting?
Yes, you can purchase a domain from GoDaddy (or any Domain Registrar) and then host it on HostGator (or elsewhere) if you wish.
There are better Domain Registrars than GoDaddy and better hosts than HostGator.
It is easier to purchase your domain and your hosting from the same provider.
Can I buy a domain from one company and use it at another web host?
yes you can buy domain and hosting from two different providers and link them to see the website online. When you purchase the hosting account or domain name they will provide you with control panel to manage your domain or hosting account. Moreover, they can offer you FREE domain name if you host your site with them.
How do I point my GoDaddy domain to another host?
Suggested clip 94 seconds
Video Tutorial On How To Point Your GoDaddy Domain To Another
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
Do I own my GoDaddy domain?
Domain names are relatively cheap to register through an Internet Domain registrar like GoDaddy.com or Register.com, though they must be renewed every year or few years. Anyone can register a domain name, and the name is yours until you stop renewing it.
Does it matter who you register your domain name with?
Not all registrars provide the same domain management features. Once you register a domain, it’s yours – it doesn’t matter which service you purchased it from. If a domain is available, you can usually buy it anywhere you’d like. However, some domain registrars offer services or advantages that others don’t.
How do I permanently buy a domain name?
Getting a domain name involves registering the name you want with an organisation called ICANN through a domain name registrar. For example, if you choose a name like “example.com”, you will have to go to a registrar, pay a registration fee that costs around US$10 to US$35 for that name.
Can I change my domain host?
You can always leave your domain name with your current registrar or host if you wish to do so, and simply change the domain’s nameservers to point to your NEW host’s server. Now, for those of you who DO wish to transfer your domain name away from your current registrar/host.
How do I point my domain to my host?
Connecting your domain to your hosting
- Find your web hosts’ DNS (domain name server) settings. Usually these look like ns1.example.com & ns2.example.com .
- Add name servers to your domain with your domain registrar.
- Wait up for between 48-72 hours for the changes to take effect.
How do I point my domain to an IP address?
To point your subdomain to your host’s IP address you will need to do the following:
- Step 1 of 5. Login to your 123 Reg control panel.
- Step 2 of 5. Scroll down to the Advanced Domain Settings section and click on the Manage DNS (A, MX, CNAME, TXT) link.
- Step 3 of 5. From the Advanced DNS tab.
- Step 4 of 5.
- Step 5 of 5.
How do I connect my domain to my hosting?
Adding domains to your hosting plan
- Log into your hosting cPanel.
- Click on Addon Domains, located under the Domains section.
- Enter in the domain in the New Domain Name section.
- Once the domain is entered, click The Subdomain field and the Document Root (usually public_html/domain.com) will automatically fill in.
- Click Add Domain.