How do I choose the best domain name?
To make the process easier, we have a simple 14 step framework that you can use to pick the best domain for your website.
- Stick with .com.
- Use keywords in your domain name search.
- Keep your domain name short.
- Make it easy to pronounce and spell.
- Keep it unique and brandable.
- Avoid hyphens in domain name.
- Avoid doubled letters.
What domain should I use?
net (network) – Originally intended for networked websites, this domain extension is used for a wide variety of purposes today. This is a good backup if your ideal choice is taken in the .com extension. It’s also good for tech companies as “net” implies technology and networking.
Is .xyz Domain good?
xyz is a fresh domain that can give your website a bold new look. If your website is not a commercial retail the . xyz domain is fine and if you can invest considerable time in off-page SEO, then you will be able to achieve strong search engine ranking, and come on top of relevant websites, even though you do not own .
What do I need to know before buying a domain name?
10 Tips Before You Buy a Domain Name
- Do your homework.
- Buy domains that are easy to type and remember.
- Avoid slang terms.
- Buy a domain that’s shorter rather than longer.
- Stick with .com if you can.
- Don’t buy trademarked domains.
- Don’t buy a domain name that’s too similar to an existing site.
- Hyphens are a mixed bag.
How do I create a catchy website name?
Here are five tips that can help you create a memorable .com domain name.
- Tip #1: Try a Catchy Phrase.
- Tip #2: Make Your Domain Name a Call to Action.
- Tip #3: Try A Longer Domain Name.
- Tip #4: Use A Modifier.
- Tip #5: Use a Domain Name Suggestion Tool.
How much does a domain name cost?
On average, it costs around $10-15 annually to purchase and hold a domain name.