How do I make my own DNS server?
You need to add at least two “nsX.domain.com” entries, but they can both point to the same IP.
Delegate your domain to the names you just created.
At NameCheap, you would go General > Domain Name Server setup, and Specify Custom DNS Servers.
Then, enter the two (or more) names you just created “nsX.domain.com”.
How do I install a DNS server?
Install Windows DNS Server
- Step 1: Open the server manager dashboard.
- Click on Add roles and features.
- Read the pre-requirements and click Next.
- Choose Role-based or feature-based installation and click Next.
- Choose destination server for DNS role and click Next.
- Choose DNS server from server roles.
How do I create a DNS name?
How do I add a record to the DNS?
- Start the DNS Manager (Start – Programs – Administrative Tools – DNS Manager)
- Double click on the name of the DNS server to display the list of zones.
- Right click on the domain, and select New Record.
- Enter the name, e.g. TAZ and enter IP address.
Why don’t we maintain our own DNS?
Why do we need a Domain Name System? Domain Name System allows users to have the same url or consistent domain name while IP addresses change frequently. We need DNS because without it users would need to keep on checking the IP addresses of others and of themselves to send messages or view sites.
What is my DNS server?
The first two lines are the dns server (10.0. 10.11 or dns2.mumbai.corp-lan.nixcraft.net.in) you are using i.e. dns server IP address assigned by your ISP or network admin. 10.0. 80.11 is our own dns server located inside our corporate network.