Most registrars permit customers to be unattached to their domain name, although some registers may require a fee.
- Visit the domain registrar you registered the domain with. Log in to your account.
- Click one of your registered domains.
- Look for a “Delete” button on the same page that lists your domains.
How do I permanently buy a domain name?
Getting a domain name involves registering the name you want with an organisation called ICANN through a domain name registrar. For example, if you choose a name like “example.com”, you will have to go to a registrar, pay a registration fee that costs around US$10 to US$35 for that name.
How do I get rid of a domain name?
Follow the instructions below to delete your domain:
- Sign in to Google Domains.
- Select the name of your domain.
- Open the menu .
- Click Registration settings.
- Scroll down to Delete domain.
- Click Delete domain.
- Sign in again to confirm your identity.
- Review the restrictions, and click Yes I’m sure, delete domain.
How do I secure a domain name for free?
How do you register a domain name? There are 4 options:
- Register through Domain.com (most popular domain registrar)
- Get a FREE domain (for 1 year) from Bluehost.
- Register through GoDaddy.com.
- Register through NameCheap.com.
What if someone owns the domain name I want?
The first step in buying a domain someone else owns is finding out who the other person is. You can do this by using WHOIS. This is like the white pages of a phone book. Many times the name, email and phone number of the person who owns the domain name is listed there.