6 Ways to Hide Your IP Address
- Get a VPN Software. Probably the best and most convenient way for changing your IP is to choose a good VPN service.
- Use a Proxy – Slower than VPN.
- Use TOR – FREE.
- Use Mobile Network – Slow and not encrypted.
- Connect to Public Wi-Fi – Not Secure.
- Call Your Internet Service Provider.
How do I make my IP address private?
The two primary ways to hide your IP address are using a proxy server or using a virtual private network (VPN). (There’s also Tor, which is great for extreme anonymization, but it’s very slow and for most people isn’t necessary.)
Can you hide your IP address?
Use a VPN. A virtual private network, or VPN, works much like a proxy server — it’s the middleman between your device and a final web server. You can also hide your IP adress on mobile devices with a VPN service for Android or iPhone.
How do I hide my IP address for free?
Here’s how to hide your IP address:
Download the VPN app onto your device. Windows and Mac users usually get their app from the provider’s website. iOS and Android users get their app from the App Store and Google Play, respectively. Install the VPN app and run it.
How do I know if my IP address is private?
Private addresses include IP addresses from the following subnets:
- Range from 10.0. 0.0 to 10.255. 255.255 — a 10.0.
- Range from 172.16. 0.0 to 172.31. 255.255 — a 172.16.
- A 192.168. 0.0 to 192.168. 255.255 range, which is a 192.168.
- A special range 100.64. 0.0 to 100.127. 255.255 with a 255.192.