How do I control my DNS server?
To change your DNS server, head to Settings > Wi-Fi, long-press the network you’re connected to, and tap “Modify Network”.
To change DNS settings, tap the “IP settings” box and change it to “Static” instead of the default DHCP.
Depending on your device, you may need to check an “Advanced” box to see this setting.
What is DNS server for?
The main function of DNS is to translate domain names into IP Addresses, which computers can understand. It also provides a list of mail servers which accept Emails for each domain name. Each domain name in DNS will nominate a set of name servers to be authoritative for its DNS records.
How do I change my domain DNS?
To modify the DNS on your domain, please do the following:
- Log into your account.
- Under the menu option Domains, click My Domains.
- Click on the domain name you wish to work with.
- Click on DNS Server Settings or select DNS Server Settings from the Manage Domain drop-down list.
How do I set DNS records?
Pointing your domain to hosting with A records
- Log into your Name.com account.
- Click on the My Domains button, located on the top right-hand corner.
- Click on the domain name you wish to create an A record for.
- Click Manage DNS Records.
- Here, you will add the desired A record, typically supplied by your website provider or host.