How do I transfer a domain name to Namecheap?
1) Sign into your Namecheap account and go to the Transfer page (“Domains” drop-down menu). 2) Enter your domain into the search bar, click “Transfer”. 3) Verify that your domain is prepared for the transfer and check boxes next to the corresponding fields. 4) Provide the Auth/EPP code.
How do I transfer a domain name from GoDaddy to namecheap?
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Log in into your NameCheap.com Account.
- Make sure the domain names you want to transfer have a valid admin email you have access to (My Account–>Manage Domains–>Edit Selected)
- Go to GoDaddy.com.
- Purchase the Transfer Domains option on GoDaddy for each domain you want to transfer.
How much does it cost to transfer a domain to namecheap?
No, there are no extra charges that come with a transfer. For most domain extensions, you will just be charged with a regular transfer fee. This fee includes domain renewal. You may check the pricing here.
How long does it take to transfer a domain namecheap?
Domain transfers can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 6 days to complete. The exact time-frame depends on the domain’s TLD and the time required for your current registrar to complete the process. If you’re looking to switch registrars for any reason, Namecheap is the best place to transfer a domain.
What is the process of domain transfer?
Let’s recap the four steps you’ll need to follow if you want to transfer your domain name to a new host:
- Remove your domain lock and get an authorization code.
- Initiate a transfer with your new host.
- Verify the transfer.
- Pay for your transfer and wait for the process to complete.