To transfer your domain name to another registrant, you can initiate a change of registrant by contacting your current registrar.
Your registrar will then ask for your confirmation via a secure mechanism (which typically will take the form of an email to the registered name holder).
How do I transfer a domain name to someone else?
Transferring from one registrar to another
- Disable WHOIS/domain privacy.
- Ensure admin email is up-to-date.
- Unlock the domain.
- Get the transfer authorization code.
- Request a domain transfer.
- Approve transfer request email.
- Contact Hover.
- Obtain a one-time PIN.
Can I buy a domain for someone else?
The first step in buying a domain someone else owns is finding out who the other person is. You can do this by using WHOIS. You can still contact them if they have their domain name registered with GoDaddy by scrolling to the bottom of our WHOIS lookup and choosing the option to “Contact Domain Holder.”
How do I transfer a GoDaddy domain to another person?
Move my domain to another GoDaddy account
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center.
- Check the box next to the domain(s) you want to move to another account.
- From the menu above your domain list, select Ownership, then Move to other GoDaddy Account.
- Enter the new account owner’s email address.
- Confirm the new account owner’s email address.
How long does it take to transfer a domain name?
How long does a domain name transfer usually take? A domain transfer may take up to 14 days to be completed. It is difficult to provide an exact time frame because the procedure depends on the time it takes the owner to confirm the transfer and the time your current registrar takes to accept or reject the transfer.
What happens when you transfer a domain?
When you transfer a domain name, you’re telling ICANN the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, that you want an alternative registrar to manage your domain. You may or may not decide to change your hosting provider at the same time.