What do you do when your Minecraft server says can’t resolve hostname?
Fixing “Can’t Resolve Hostname”
- Search your computer for “cmd” and open a Command Prompt.
- Find the hostname of the server. In this example we will use: play.strongcraft.org.
- In your console, type: nslookup <hostname here>
- Press Enter.
- Copy the Address displayed under the “Non-authoritative answer” section.
How do I resolve a host name?
Resolving host names with a DNS server
- To check the host name on the operating system, in a command prompt, type: hostname.
- Verify the computer name information: Right-click My Computer.
- Check the host name configured on the DNS server. Run the following command:
- Check that the host is responding. You can run the following command:
What is host name in Minecraft?
Hostname: Set a name for your server IP (NOT your intended Minecraft server domain). So if you want a custom domain for your server like play.yourdomain.com. Then set a random hostname for your A or CNAME record like “myserver”. IP Address / Domain: Fill in the IP Address of your Minecraft server.
What does host name unresolved mean?
DNS SERVER IP (that ip which you have assigned to the DNS server) The error “host name unresolved” comes when the DNS server box entery in that PC is 0.0.0.0, So do type the DNS server ip in that PC, and run web browser, type DNS/IP. It will work.