After buying the SSL certificate at Godaddy, you need to complete a very simple process to make it active.
The reps have to give you “the corporate answer” of 24-72 hours to propagate, however your (basic) SSL is usually ready within 30 minutes.
How long does it take for SSL to take effect?
For standard single-name and wildcard certificates, it can take from a minimum of one hour to several hours, after you approve the SSL certificate. Occasionally, the issuance may take longer and require up to several days. This is the case when some issue occurs during the issuance or validation.
Does GoDaddy have free SSL?
GoDaddy doesn’t offer a free SSL Certificate, but luckily you can install a free SSL usign let’s encrypt free SSL. This will work if you are using shared web hosting.
How do I get an SSL certificate?
How To Order An SSL Certificate
- Prepare by getting your server set up and getting your WHOIS record updated (it needs to show the correct company name and address), etc.
- Generate the CSR on the server.
- Submit the CSR and other info to the Certificate Authority.
- Have your domain and company validated.
- Receive and install the issued certificate.
Why SSL certificates are so expensive?
Extended Validation certs are expensive for several related reasons: It’s difficult to get a new EV CA on a browser’s list of valid CAs. An issuer is required to validate that certificate buyers have legal and organizational authority to get the certificate they desire; and that they’re not sharing.