24 to 48 hours
How long does it take for godaddy nameservers to change?
When you update the DNS (Domain Name System) records in your domain name’s zone file, it can take up to 48 hours for those updates to propagate throughout the Internet.
Will changing nameservers affect my website?
Although it will be invisible to visitors, a change in nameservers will result in a change in the hosting server for the website. The URL that visitors use to access the site may remain exactly the same; however, the website will be hosted on a different computer.
How do I change nameservers?
Updating the Name Servers
- Login to your Just Host Control Panel.
- Click the Domain link, at the top of the page.
- Choose your domain name from the list of domains.
- Then click the Name Servers tab.
- Select Use Custom Nameservers.
- Enter in the new name servers.
- Click Save Nameserver Settings.
Why is DNS propagation taking so long?
It’s handy because it you had to remember the IP address of every website you visit, it would make surfing the internet much harder. When a site is set up, as the hosting provider we create a Master DNS record on our DNS servers, which updates any changes made to your DNS records on the server every 15 minutes.