Reasons why you SHOULD use your name as your domain/business name.
The most suitable reason for using your own name as a business or domain name would be because you are trying to brand yourself as an expert in your field.
Should I buy a domain with my name?
If you don’t have your own domain name, I urge you, go out and get one. Goto GoDaddy.com or any other domain name registrar and buy the best and most relevant domain name you can find. You won’t regret it. And hell, if you decide after a year you don’t need it, just let the registration expire.
How do I name my domain name?
How to Choose a Domain Name
- Go with .com. Most of the time internet users assume .com when browsing.
- Short and sweet. The shorter the better.
- Easy to say and spell. The goal is for your domain name to be passed along easily by you and by others.
- No hyphens.
- Use keywords.
- Consider using your name.
- Make it expandable.
- Avoid strings of words.
What should I name my personal website?
How To Choose The Best Domain Name For Your Portfolio Website
- Make it easy to spell.
- Consider creating a brand/company name.
- Keep it short.
- Avoid dashes and numbers.
- Choose a relevant top-level domain.
- Check for unexpected words.
- How will it look as an email address?
- Pick a good domain name registrar.
How do I choose a website name?
How to Choose the Perfect Domain Name
- Use The Right Domain Name Extensions (.com, . org, . net)
- Brandable Over Generic.
- Short Is Better Than Long.
- Make Sure It’s Easy To Type.
- Make Sure It’s Easy To Pronounce.
- Avoid Hyphens And Numbers.
- Consider Using “Niche” Keywords That Reflect Your Website.
- Think Long-Term Over Short-Term.