What is common domain names?
Domain Name Types
- .com – commercial business (the most common TLD)
- org – organizations (typically, nonprofit)
- gov – government agencies.
- edu – educational institutions.
- net – network organizations.
- mil – military.
What are the 5 top level domains?
gTLD – Generic Top-Level Domains. sTLD – Sponsored Top-Level Domains.
3. ccTLD – Country Code Top-Level Domains
- . us – USA.
- . uk – United Kingdom.
- . eu – European Union.
- .de – Germany.
- . fr – France.
- . cn – China.
- . es – Spain.
- . ru – Russia.
What are the most common top level domains?
The 20 most popular top level domains with the most page results in Google:
|.edu||US accredited postsecondary institutions||1,550,000,000|
|.gov||United States Government||1,060,000,000|
15 more rows
What are the types of domains?
They include four sub-categories:
- Generic (.com, . net, . org, . info), domains that can be used for general purposes.
- Generic restricted (. pro, . biz, .
- Sponsored (. edu, . gov, .
- Infrastructure (. arpa) which was one of the original top-level domains used to help with the DNS infrastructure.