- What does a Wix domain name look like?
- What is a site address?
- Can I change my Wix site address?
- Is a Wix website really free?
- Does Wix own your domain?
- Should I buy domain through Wix?
- How do I transfer a domain from one Wix site to another?
- Can I change the domain name of my website?
- How do I change the title of my Wix site that appears in the browser tab?
What does a Wix domain name look like?
A domain is made up of:
When a Wix site is published, it receives a “free domain” or URL with the name Wix in it. The format of the free Wix site URL is username.wixsite.com/siteaddress. You can replace the free Wix URL by connecting your own domain name (e.g. www.mystunningwebsite.com) to your site at any time.
What is a site address?
A website address, also known as a URL (uniform resource locator), is an Internet or intranet name that points to to a location where a file, directory or website page is hosted. They can also be embedded into the code of web pages in the form of hyperlinks to direct the user to other locations on the Internet.
Can I change my Wix site address?
To change your site address:
Go to your site’s dashboard. Click Site Actions. Click Rename Site.
Is a Wix website really free?
Wix is available for free for as long as you want. If you need professional features like your own domain name or ecommerce, you must choose from one of their premium plans ranging from “Combo” to “Business VIP”.
Does Wix own your domain?
Domain Hosting with Wix. You can purchase your own domain name directly from Wix! When purchasing a domain from Wix, the domain is automatically connected to the Wix servers. If you purchased a domain from another domain host, you can still connect it to your Wix site.
Should I buy domain through Wix?
I would recommend buying the domain through them so you don’t have to worry about your domain being locked for good with Wix. There are many benefits to registering your domain with GoDaddy instead of Wix. This is because GoDaddy is a specifically known for selling domains at a reasonable price.
How do I transfer a domain from one Wix site to another?
To transfer a domain purchased from Wix to a different Wix account:
- Go to the Domains page.
- Click the Show More icon next to the relevant domain and select Transfer to a Different Wix Account.
Can I change the domain name of my website?
It is not possible to change your domain, after it has been registered. We register the domain on your behalf with the domain registry, exactly as you typed it in on our website. Once the domain is registered it is yours for the next 12 months. You can then place a new order for the domain that you want.
How do I change the title of my Wix site that appears in the browser tab?
Changing the Browser Tab Title for Your Live Site:
- Click Menus & Pages on the left side of the Editor.
- Click the relevant page.
- Click the Show More icon .
- Click SEO (Google).
- Enter the page title under What’s the page’s title on search results and browser tabs?.
- Click Done.