If a computer is unable to configure a valid Internet Protocol address, it can’t connect to a network.
If you plug a laptop directly into a modem with an Ethernet cable and receive a “No Valid IP Address” error, there could be a problem with the hardware setup or the Internet Service Provider.
Why does it say no IP address?
The “Failed to obtain IP address” error usually shows up when accessing a Wi-Fi network, whether it is new or one you have saved on your device. This error message means the router can’t assign an IP address to your device. As long as the issue persists, the user can’t access the internet using that Wi-Fi network.
What does it mean when WIFI has no IP address?
The “failed to obtain IP address” error appears when a user tries to connect to a Wi-Fi network. A router assigns an IP address for any connecting device. Your device must obtain this address to be able to connect to a router. This message means that it cannot do that, and the user is unable to join a Wi-Fi network.
What does no valid IP address mean?
The valid IP configuration issue means that something is wrong, and DHCP fails to receive a valid IP address. You can add a valid IP address manually to fix this problem – right-click on Start and select “Network Connections”. You will see your Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window.
How do I fix my IP address?
Solution 11. Assign a Static IP Address to Your Android Device
- Go to Settings → Connections → Wi-Fi → Turn on Wi-Fi.
- Long press on your network name.
- Select Modify network config:
- Set the checkbox Show advanced options and scroll down:
- In IP Settings select Static.
- In IP Address field change the last octet.
- Tap on Save.
How can I fix my IP address?
How to Fix IP Address Conflict Windows 10/8/7 – 4 Methods
- Restart Router. The simplest way you can try to fix this issue is to restart your router and restart your computer.
- Release and Renew IP Address Windows 10/8/7.
- Assign a Unique IP Address for Your Computer.
- Upgrade Router Firmware to Fix Faulty DHCP Server.