Realistically a domain name can be worth any amount but most domain names sell for around $5,000 to $20,000 – premium domains, category killers and short domains however can easily command $100,000 or millions depending on a wide number of reasons.
How much should I pay for a domain name?
How Much Is a Domain Name? Registering a new domain generally costs between $10 and $20 a year. Price differences depend on which registrar you use, and what kind of domain you want to register. Different registrars offer different packages, so it’s worth shopping around to find your best fit.
What is the cheapest place to buy a domain name?
Top 3 Cheapest Domain Name Registrars
- #1 – Domain.com – Use coupon code Sitehub to get 25% off domains and hosting.
- #2 – Namecheap.com – get a .com for as low as $8.88.
- #3 – Bluehost.com – Free domain when you buy hosting.
- Find out more and jump straight to my list of the Cheapest Domain registrars.
How do I determine the value of a domain name?
You can use your domain value to: Buy a domain. You can get any domain appraised — even if you don’t own it. So if you’re interested in buying one, use our appraisal tool to find out what it’s worth, then use our Domain Broker Service to contact the buyer and make an offer.
Do I need to pay for a domain name?
Simplified answer: You don’t actually buy the domain name, you rent it from your registrar. The price you pay them is for the service of routing the domain name to an actual server. Without that service a domain name would lead nowhere, they have to point visitors to the right server.
Do you own a domain name forever?
You never truly own your domain. Individual domain registries can each specify what combination of registration and renewal periods they wish to support. This can be anything from 1 to 10 years, so long as the domain’s expiration date does not exceed 10 years into the future.
What’s the most expensive domain name?
Here are the 25 most expensive domain names publicly reported.
- CarInsurance.com — $49.7 million.
- Insurance.com — $35.6 million.
- VacationRentals.com — $35 million.
- PrivateJet.com — $30.18 million.
- Voice.com — $30 million.
- Internet.com — $18 million.
- 360.com — $17 million.
- Insure.com — $16 million.