How do I find the best domain name?
To make the process easier, we have a simple 14 step framework that you can use to pick the best domain for your website.
- Stick with .com.
- Use keywords in your domain name search.
- Keep your domain name short.
- Make it easy to pronounce and spell.
- Keep it unique and brandable.
- Avoid hyphens in domain name.
- Avoid doubled letters.
Where is the best place to buy a domain name?
The Best Places to Buy a Domain Name
- Google Domains is a simple, no hassle registrar.
- Hover is a simple registrar, offering average prices and good service.
- GoDaddy is a great option if you want web hosting along with your domain, or want it all to be managed under the same umbrella.
- NameCheap is as cheap as the name suggests.
How do I choose a catchy domain name?
How to Choose the Perfect Domain Name
- Use The Right Domain Name Extensions (.com, . org, .
- Brandable Over Generic.
- Short Is Better Than Long.
- Make Sure It’s Easy To Type.
- Make Sure It’s Easy To Pronounce.
- Avoid Hyphens And Numbers.
- Consider Using “Niche” Keywords That Reflect Your Website.
- Think Long-Term Over Short-Term.
How much does a domain name cost?
On average, it costs around $10-15 annually to purchase and hold a domain name.
How do I come up with a catchy business name?
- Acronyms. Try using the first letter of every word in a phrase or parts of words or names.
- Mash-ups. Mix two or more words that are meaningful for you and your business.
- Get inspiration from mythology and literature.
- Use foreign words.
- Use your own name.
- Take a look at a map.
- Mix things up.
- Partner with another company.