Does it matter where you buy a domain name?
Once you register a domain, it’s yours – it doesn’t matter which service you purchased it from. If a domain is available, you can usually buy it anywhere you’d like. However, some domain registrars offer services or advantages that others don’t.
How do I permanently buy a domain name?
Getting a domain name involves registering the name you want with an organisation called ICANN through a domain name registrar. For example, if you choose a name like “example.com”, you will have to go to a registrar, pay a registration fee that costs around US$10 to US$35 for that name.
What is the cheapest way to buy a domain name?
Top 3 Cheapest Domain Name Registrars
- #1 – Domain.com – Use coupon code Sitehub to get 25% off domains and hosting.
- #2 – Namecheap.com – get a .com for as low as $8.88.
- #3 – Bluehost.com – Free domain when you buy hosting.
- Find out more and jump straight to my list of the Cheapest Domain registrars.
How do I purchase a domain name?
The short steps to buy a domain name are:
- Choose a reliable domain registrar (like Hostinger).
- Find a domain availability checker tool.
- Run a domain name search.
- Pick the best available option.
- Finalize your order and complete the domain registration.
- Verify the ownership of your new domain.