How do I find out what my DNS server is?
To see your DNS servers, run ipconfig /all and scroll up to find the “DNS Servers” line. The first IP address is your primary server and the second is your secondary. DNS servers show up only when you include the /all option.
Which is the fastest DNS server?
Best Free & Public DNS Servers (Valid April 2020)
- Google: 8.8. 8.8 & 8.8. 4.4.
- Quad9: 9.9. 9.9 & 149.112.
- OpenDNS: 208.67. 222.222 & 208.67.
- Cloudflare: 1.1. 1.1 & 1.0.
- CleanBrowsing: 185.228. 168.9 & 185.228.
- Verisign: 64.6. 64.6 & 64.6.
- Alternate DNS: 198.101. 242.72 & 23.253.
- AdGuard DNS: 176.103. 130.130 & 176.103.
Can I use 8.8 8.8 DNS?
8.8. 8.8 is the primary DNS, 8.8. Google DNS service is free to use and can be used by anyone who has access to the Internet. You can use Google DNS IP instead of your ISP’s DNS servers to improve the resolve time and provide security.
What does DNS server not responding mean?
Simply restarting your router or modem may help to fix this problem. There might be a problem with your router configuration – this can also cause this “DNS server is not responding” error. To fix it, reset the router to its default settings. Open your router’s configuration web page and find the “Reset” option.
How do I get my DNS server address automatically?
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change Adapter Settings.
- Right click on Local Area Connection and click Properties.
- Click Change adapter settings.
- To get IP settings assigned automatically, select Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.